STCW2 consumer profiling Assessment :
2022/23 ASSIGNMENT REMIT – VIDEO PRESENTATION
- You are tasked to provide a Panapto video presentation to present the application of marketing techniques to develop a customer profile and persona suited for a new Chai House opening in the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham.
STCW2 consumer profie Assessment TASK GUIDANCE:
Create a presentation of NINE slides in total to include the following:
- Apply market segmentation techniques to identify a customer profile to the service.
- Create a customer persona.
- Position the service.
- Explain how the customer will benefit from the service.
- Provide a summary to conclude the presentation.
- Focus on attention to detail, quality of work and overall academic standards.
- For additional guidance on this assignment, please access the assignment vodcast available on Canvas.
|Slide 1||Title slide|
|Slide 2||Introduce yourself and provide an overview of your service.||5%|
|Slide 3||Apply 2 methods of market segmentation techniques to develop a customer profile. You are required to examine 2 key areas: Demographic and geographic||15%|
|Slide 4||Apply 2 methods of market segmentation techniques to develop a customer profile. You are required to examine 2 key areas: Social cultural and psychographic.||15%|
|Slide 5||Create a customer persona for the service and explain your reasons.||20%|
|Slide 6||Position the service. Explain how the service will stand out in the mind of your customer using perceptual planning.||20%|
|Slide 7||Explain how the customer will benefit from the service.||10%|
|Slide 8||Provide a summary to conclude the presentation.||10%|
|Slide 9||Provide a full reference list using the Harvard Referencing System 22 -23||5%|
- This assignment will require you to become familiar with and use the Panopto system.
Please follow this online guide for Panopto that shows you how to access the system, record a video using Panopto or upload an existing video to Panopto and submit your assignment to Canvas. Contact the DICE team on [email protected] if you need any further support.
- Apply segmentation, targeting and positioning to identify customer profiles.
- Propose a range of customer profiles and consumer persona from market research data.
- The skills outcomes to be developed by completing this assignment can be found here.
GENERAL ASSIGNMENT GUIDANCE:
|Teamwork and ITS Assessment||Should this assignment require you to work as part of a team, you will receive an individual grade based upon your performance as well as personalised feedback. The module leader will explain how your individual grade and feedback will be determined.|
|Importance of Word Count and Presentation Timings||Assignment word counts and presentation timings should always be observed. Ignoring a word count increases significantly the risk of your work losing marks because it lacked focus and clarity. Students will be required to state their word count on all submissions. A 10% leeway will be allowed – so the maximum a student should submit will be the word count + 10%. The word count will exclude: The title pageThe contents pageModels, graphs, data tables and other exhibited figures or images Lists of referencesAppendices (these should be kept to a minimum) In addition, timings must be observed for assessed presentations for the same reasons.|
|Cut-off date for late work||http://www.ucb.ac.uk/handbook/academic-matters/assessment-issues.aspx|
|UCB Referencing Guide||https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/download/referencing/referencing-guide.pdf|
|Access the Assignment Life Cycle||https://ucbirmingham.instructure.com/courses/26756|