MBA 502 Intercultural Competence :
What is an infographic?
An infographic is a succinct visual representation of information. It includes a variety of elements such as images, icons, text, charts, and diagrams to convey messages briefly.
It helps to communicate complex and detailed information in an easily understandable format.
The design of this infographic is entirely your choice. Exploring sites such as Canva and PowerPoints will provide templates to prepare your Infographic. Remember to adhere to the principles of an infographic – less text and more imagery to convey meaning.
Templates are available when you use PowerPoints or Canva Your Infographic must contain the following information:
- A minimum of two theories and models of Cultural Intelligence.
- Minimum of two refereed journals to be included in the infographic.
- Non-academic resources such as websites (minimum one), government publications, census data, and newspaper articles
- 3 examples of communications and 3 specific strategies on how to welcome new staff
- You work for a medium-sized Australian business.
- You manage a cohesive, supportive, and friendly work team of 25 people who have worked together for the last 10 years.
- 15 new staff have been invited from your subsidiary in Thailand to assist with a project in Australia.
- 10 new staff will be joining your team in Australia.
- Native English speaking
- Minimal experience working overseas or with new migrants in Australia.
- Staff development workshop for the current Australian staff and the new Thai team.
- Appreciation of Hofstede (Intercultural dimensions and Hall’s model of high vs low context cultures
- Drawing on both theories (Hall and Hofstede’s) you need to provide 3 practical examples of how to adopt messages that may be understood by all staff members. An example would include the Australian vocabulary that is used in the workplace.
- Three strategies or specific actions will make the new staff feel supported and be part of the team (For example Ice breaker exercise).
- Two references in the Infographic must be shown.
- Infographic may be submitted as an image on Turnitin.
- It should be uploaded in Turnitin in the link provided.
- References must be in Harvard style and complete information must be provided for each reference.