SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements :
|Unit:||SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements|
|Course Name:||SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery|
|Assessment Tool:||Assessment Task 1: Knowledge questions|
|Student must fill this section:|
|Privacy Release Clause:||“I give my permission for my assessment material to be used in the auditing, assessment validation & moderation Process”|
|Authenticity Declaration:||“I declare that: The material I have submitted is my own work;I have kept a copy of all relevant notes and reference material that I used in the production of my work;I have given references for all sources of information that are not my own, including the words, ideas and images of others.”|
|Assessment Completion Status|
|Feedback to student:|
|Information for Student:|
|All work is to be entirely of the Student.|
|General Information for this assessment: Read the instructions for each question very carefully.Be sure to PRINT your FULL name & LAST name in every place that is provided.Short questions must be answered in the spaces provided or follow the word limits as instructed.For those activities requesting extra evidence such as: research reports, ESSAY reports, etc. The student must attach its own work formatted in double space, Arial 12 pts. All assessment tasks must be addressed correctly in order to obtain a competence for the unit of competency.If the Student doesn’t understand the assessment, they can request help from the assessor to interpret the assessment. All assessments must be submitted online. Note: that the hard copy of the assessments will not be accepted.|
|Re-assessment of Result& Academic Appeal procedures:|
|If a student is not happy with his/ her results, that student may appeal against their grade via a written letter, clearly stating the grounds of appeal to the Student Support. This should be submitted after completion of the subject and within fourteen days of commencement of the new term. Re-assessment Process: An appeal in writing is made to the student support providing reasons for re-assessment /appeal. Student support will delegate another faculty member to review the assessment.The student will be advised of the review result done by another assessor.If the student is still not satisfied and further challenges the decision, then a review panel is formed comprising the lecturer/trainer in charge and the management OR if need be an external assessor.The Institute will advise the student within 14 days from the submission date of the appeal. The decision of the panel will be deemed to be final.If the student is still not satisfied with the result, the he / she has the right to seek independent advice or follow external mediation option with nominated mediation agency.Any student who fails a compulsory subject or appeals unsuccessfully will be required to re-enroll in that subject. The cost of reassessment will be borne by the Institute. The external assessor will base his/her judgement based on principles of assessment. These principles require assessment to be reliable, fair, practical and valid.|
Academic Appeals If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the re-evaluation process, you have a right to appeal through academic appeals handling protocol.To appeal a decision, the person is required to complete the Sunbeam Request for Appeal of a Decision form with all other supporting documents, if any. This form will be available via our website. The completed Request for Appeal form is to be submitted to the Student Support Officer either in hard copy or electronically via email.The notice of appeal should be in writing addressed to the management and submitted within seven days of notification of the outcome of the re-evaluation process. If the appeal is not lodged in the specified time, the result will stand and you must re-enroll in the unit. In emergency circumstances, such as in cases of serious illness or injury, you must forward a medical certificate in support of a deferred appeal. The notice of appeal must be made within three working days of the concluding date shown on the medical certificate. The decision of Management will be final.Student would then have the right to pursue the claim through an independent external body as detailed in the students’ complaint / grievance policy.
“I understand all the above rules and guidelines for the assessment”
|Full Name||Signature||Date (dd/mm/yyyy)|
- This is an individual assessment.
- The purpose of this assessment task is to assess the students’ knowledge essential to develop menus for special dietary requirements in a range of contexts and industry settings.
- To make full and satisfactory responses you should consult a range of learning resources, other information such as handouts and textbooks, learners’ resources and slides.
- All questions must be answeredin order to gain competency for this assessment.
- What substitute ingredients are used to produce dishes with special dietary recipes? Write any four (4) substitute ingredients.
- What kind of nutritious foods we should include in our diet, to make sure we are getting all the nutrients that we need? Write your answer in 40-50 words.
- Rizana went to one restaurant with her friends for the lunch. She ordered a roasted butter chicken. She belongs to Muslim religion and her friends ordered garlic bread. One of her friend has Gluten allergy.Write your answer in two (2) to three (3) sentences.
a. Identify dietary and cultural or religious menu requirement of the group.
b. What needs to be take care while making roasted chicken for Rizana?
c. What substitute ingredient can be used to avoid gluten in the garlic bread?
- For the above scenario, what can be the consequences of ignoring special dietary requirements of the customers? List at least five (5) ingredients that cause common allergic reactions.
- What are food additives and preservatives? How to check them? Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- Make your own simple recipe which has to be an appropriate combination of food to meet macro and micro nutrient requirements.Write your answer in 100-150 words.
- Write down a variety of suitable foods and meals items for the below requirement.
|High Or Low Energy|
|High Or Low Protein|
|Modified Sodium Or Potassium|
- Develop menus and meal plans that will be helpful for good health and reduce the incidence of diet related health problems.Write your answer in 100-150 words.
- Develop a menu and meal plan for the community chef.Write your answer in 100-150 words.
- Marry is working in aged care center as a chef what should she prepare from cyclic menus and balance nutritional requirements and variety?Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- What things should be mentioned in menu so that customer gets the sufficient choices of dishes?Write your answer in 40-50 words.
- What are the dietary guidelines for the people who having Type1 and Type2 diabetes problems?Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- Write down the culinary characteristic of cultural or religious diets that are part of contemporary Australian society?Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- Write down some pros and cons of food preparation and cooking methods?Write your answer in 150-200 words.
- Suppose you are working in a club as a chef and you have to decide a menu for the annual event. What types of special dietary requirements you will consider for the given below customer group? Write your answer in 50-100 words.
|Ill or injured|
|People in areas affected by disaster or environmental extremes|
|People in remote areas|
- Do the cooking methods change the nutritional value of the food? Justify your answer in 50 to 100 words.
- How do you calculate the food cost with selling price from menu?Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- Assume that you are working in a restaurant and you have been given a task to add the popular drink Gin Tonic in drinks menu. Explain how will you calculate the selling price with actual cost of it?Write your answer in 150-200 words.
- How to calculate portion yields and costs from raw ingredients?Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- What are the benefits of assessing cost-effectiveness of proposed dishes against budgetary constraints and choose products that provide high yield? Write your answer in 100-150 words.
- What are the common mistakes in the menus, which are encountered if there is a lack of correct terminology?Write your answer in 100-150 words.
- List any six (6) useful terminology that you have seen on the menus of your visited restaurants.
- Why customer’s feedback is important for any organisation?Write your answer in 40-50 words.
- List any four (4) ways to take feedback from the customer at workplace.
- From whom we should take feedback to improve menu performance.
- Discuss with your classmates and write a success story of the special item or product for the menu you know or from the food blogs.
- Suppose you are working as a chef at restaurant and you got a very good feedback from the customers for your vegetarian meatball dish. What adjustment will you do in your menu to make it a big success? Write your answer in two (2) or three (3) sentences.
- What is the meaning of terminologies given below? Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- Drug-food interactions
- Food sensitivity or intolerance
- What is the purpose of butcher’s test and its general procedure?Write your answer in 150-200 words.