ICTNWK543 Install Operate and Troubleshoot medium enterprise switches :
Student and Trainer/Trainer Details
|Trainer name||Jason Chu|
Course and Unit Details
|Course name||Diploma of Information Technology|
|Unit name||Install Operate and Troubleshoot medium enterprise switches|
Assessment Submission Method
|☐ By hand to trainer/Trainer||☐ By email to trainer/Trainer||☐ Online submission via Learning Management System (LMS)|
|☐ By Australia Post to RTO||☐ Any other method _________________________________________________ (Please mention here)|
|I certify that the work submitted for this assessment pack is my own. I have clearly referenced any sources used in my submission. I understand that a false declaration is a form of malpractice; I have kept a copy of this assessment pack and all relevant notes, attachments, and reference material that I used in the production of the assessment pack;For the purposes of assessment, I give the trainer/Trainer of this assessment the permission to: Reproduce this assessment and provide a copy to another member of staff; and Take steps to authenticate the assessment, including communicating a copy of this assessment to a checking service (which may retain a copy of the assessment on its database for future plagiarism checking). Student signature: ____________________________ Date: ____/_____/______________|
Assessment 2 – Practical Demonstration
You are working as IT Specialist for AIBT Institute, Sydney. Currently AIBT is using 1 server and 1 router with 1 switch. As AIBT is growing, there has been requirement of the VLAN topology where there will be 3 VLANS one for Guest, one for faculty/staff and the one for the students. So that everyone can access the information securely. You are given the following table in order to configure the required settings. AIBT has acquired two more switches keeping in mind the further increment.
Answer the following Questions of ICTNWK543 Installing Operate and Troubleshoot medium enterprise switches :
- Identify and analyse existing switch and router performance against manufacturer expectations and organisational requirements
- Review the existing network design documentation and make sure it is complete and determine alignment to manufacturer expectations and organisational requirements
- Design the network topology on Packet tracer according to organisational requirements
- Create the routing table by creating network topology on packet tracer.
- Determine network element additions and upgrades according to organisational requirements
- Develop the plans with task priority and contingency arrangement for smooth installation of components.
- Get the client sign off for the preliminary concept.
- Determine the subnets of your network, basic traffic management of your network and basic switching requirements needed in network segmentation.
- Perform initial switch configuration on network, subnetworks then save, and verify them according to installation plan specifications
- Select required media, cables, ports and connectors and connect switches to network devices and hosts
- Upgrade the firmware software on the switch by copying the TFTP server files to the flash memory and reboot the switches on the upgraded version.
- Configure the basic switch security using VLAN table on Packet Tracer.
- Save and back up switch configuration files
- Determine enhanced switching technologies and select switching technique for your network and subnetworks.
- Troubleshoot device configuration and network connectivity according to switch specifications
- Identify and resolve the common switched network issues
- Seek and respond to feedback from required personnel
You are to provide the brief report outlining all the required areas. You need to configure and show all the work done as screen shots and need to provide the configuration for all your switches and the router. You are to provide the packet tracer file that you created for this.
Hint: Apply lab 2 into this scenario, follow every single step in the lab instructions.