SITXWHS004 Establish and maintain a work health and safety system :
*Activity 1A for SITXWHS004 Establishing and maintain a work health and safety system
Briefly research the WHS/OHS laws applicable in your state/territory and list the main factors of this that affect your organisation (or an example organisation).
- Following on from Activity 1A, list the top five important WHS/OHS factors that you would put into a WHS management plan for your organisation (or example organisation).
- Who would you need to consult with when designing a WHS management system?
List the main issues with financial, human and specialist external resources for your WHS management system and how these may be overcome.
Choose a WHS policy for reproducing below; write this in a clear and legible format that is easily understandable by all employees and provide a clear description of the accompanying procedure(s).
List the health and safety responsibilities at your organisation and who (the job roles) these are assigned to.
Why do you need to consult with key personnel and what is the process for this at your organisation (or an example organisation)?
- What workplace records do you need to keep at your organisation (or example organisation)?
- How are these records used and maintained?
How would you communicate WHS information to all employees within the workplace?
Detail how you would perform consultations for work health and safety at your organisation (or an example organisation) to ensure all employees are included.
- When are you required to perform health and safety consultations with employees at work?
How can you resolve health and safety issues in the workplace?
How can you provide information to employees on the outcomes of health and safety consultations at your work place (or an example workplace)?
Determine your organisation’s hazard identification and risk assessment needs in order to develop or access document templates for using. List the main factors that need to be checked or monitored.
When are you required, by legislation, to perform hazard identification duties?
|2. How can you ensure that required hazard identification checks are|
Choose one aspect from your workplace (or example workplace) and develop procedures for hazard identification and for risk assessment and controls.
1. The procedure for Performing workplace checks and inspections, including:
How would you go about nominating the roles and responsibilities of hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control to personnel in the workplace?
|Explain how you would lead duties to perform risk controls in the workplace.|
1. What guidance should you have in place to deal with incidents
or accidents in the workplace?
2. When should you notify health and safety regulators of an accident
2. Using Queensland as an example, under work health and safety laws,
a worker must notify Workplace Health and Safety Queensland if
any of the following happens at the place of work or is caused by
the running of the business:
|Explain how you would assess your ongoing compliance with health and|
|safety legislation, regulatory requirements, standard and codes of|
1. List the methods you can use to gain feedback from employees.
2. Explain how you would encourage employees to provide you with
their feedback, thoughts and opinions on workplace health and
How would you assess your WHS management system and identify
where improvements could be made?
Summative SITXWHS004 Establishing and maintain a work health and safety system assessment
Task 1 for SITXWHS004 Establishing and maintain a work health and safety system :
Work, health, and safety reporting procedure in Pie Face shop
- Results and findings
Training needs analysis
Task 2 for SITXWHS004 Establishing and maintain a work health and safety system :
- What should a WHS system address?
- What are the main objectives of WHS/OHS legislation in the workplace? The objectives and components of OHS/WHS legislation include:
- What are codes of practice and standards, and how can these help with your WHS system?
- What will be the consequence of failing to observe WHS/OHS laws in the workplace?
- How can you ensure you receive updated information on WHS/OHS laws and codes of practice?
- What are the components of a WHS system (as applicable to your business industry)?
- How can WHS policies and procedures assist your WHS system?
- Describe your consultation process for WHS.
- Why should there be time requirements for hazard identification?
- How can you assess the effectiveness of your WHS management system?
Assessing will mean:
- What does your industry sector need to specifically address in a WHS system?
- What sources of assessment criteria can you use when compiling hazard and risk SITXWHS004 Establishing and maintain a work health and safety system assessment documentation?
- What information can you find on work health and safety?
- How can you ensure that your policies, procedures and processes include WHS?
- Why is it important to keep records for WHS?
Task 3 for SITXWHS004 Establishing and maintain a work health and safety system :
Answer the activity in as much detail as possible.
- As a workplace activity (or simulated workplace activity), establish a complete work health and safety system that covers:
- Facilities for the welfare of employees, e.g. rest rooms and working areas
- Management of incident and accidents within the working environment, including when notification is required to work health and safety government regulators
- Health and safety information, workplace instructions, supervision and applicable training for employees
- Working systems and premises which are safe for all to use.
- Evaluate the system that you have created and assess if any improvements could or should be made; ensure you have documented your work.
- Develop the work health and safety system documents that are needed to support your WHS system, and the management practices that will need to be established and implemented to ensure its compliance.