ICTSAD509 Produce ICT feasibility reports :
ASSESSMENT RECORD / FEEDBACK SHEET
Name: Student ID:
Unit Name and Code: ICTSAD509 Produce ICT feasibility reports
Assessment Task Number and Title: #2 Case Study
Date Submitted: Trainer’s Name:
- All assessments must be in a neat and readable format.
- Students are required to retain a duplicate of any assignment submitted, both written & disk copy.
- Please refer to the Student Handbook for the Assessment Policy.
- Plagiarism is an academic misconduct and is unacceptable to Pacific College of Technology.
- Font name, size and color of the assessment must be of Myriad Pro or Arial, 12 and dark black respectively.
I certify that the work submitted is my own. I have acknowledged material taken from websites, textbooks and articles.
Course : ICT50220 Diploma in IT Networking
Unit Code and Name : ICTSAD509 Produce ICT feasibility reports
Assessment item : #2 Case Study
Due date : Week 7 (Extension upon trainer’s approval only)
Context and Purpose of the assessment:
This assessment will assess your skills and knowledge in the area of ‘ICTSAD509 Produce ICT feasibility reports’ unit. This assessment activity deals with the following elements of performance and critical aspects of evidence:
|I and II
|1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.3
|III and IV
|2.2, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
- The assessment tasks for the unit assume that you will work in the Information Technology industry. Case studies/ exercises used in this assessment reflect a workplace scenario.
- The student must have access to a Computer, Printer and Microsoft Office Suite Applications for doing the assessment for this unit.
- If you are not sure about any aspect of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor. If the assessment is not satisfactory, the trainer will allow one more attempt to the assessment item.
- The responses to assessment questions should be in your own words and examples from workplace should be used wherever possible.
Please read the scenario below and answer the following questions
Your town local library is currently using a Manual System to record the renting of books as well as the purchase of new books from suppliers to be put into the library. The manual system is very time consuming with clients having to queue up for a long time before they can finally rent a book, especially during school holidays and after school hours where a lot of students make use of the library facilities.
Also, the library staffs have messy records of documents (e.g. which book is overdue, who rented which book, what are clients’ details etc). Very often, clients are requested to pay fine when they have returned their books on time or clients who have overdue books are not given a fine. Records of book details (such as book receipt when bought from suppliers) as well as details of library members are not properly maintained. Everything is written in a ‘Record Book’ in no particular order and tracing back information becomes a challenging task for staffs.
You are the town local IT genius. The local mayor has requested you to convert the Manual Library System into a Computerised System because he has received feedback that a computer system will be more efficient to handle the library daily transactions.
- Information Gathering
- List down 3 different methods you can gather information about this ICTSAD509 Producing ICT feasibility reports business
- Give one advantage and one disadvantage for each of the 3 methods listed above.
- You have decided to interview the library staff. List down some questions that you will be asking them to help you with the new computerised system. Please note that your questions can be related to the manual system or to the new computerised system to be put in place.
- Problems Identification
- List down at least 5 problems the business is currently facing
- Systems Objectives
- What are the objectives of the new system? List them down in Bullet Points
- Who would you check that the systems objectives are correct?
- Why is it important to check that the objectives are correct?
- Sign offs
- What do you understand by the term ‘sign offs’
- Why is ‘sign offs’ essential when undertaking a new project
- Design a ‘sign off’ template that you would use for any new project undertaken
—————————————–End of Case Study —————————————–