SITHCCC030 Service Planning Assessment :
Service Planning Template
Determine production requirements
Confirm food production requirements
Analyse the standard recipe and associated food preparation list which you will be working from and answer the following questions.
- How many meals are required? Describe how you will ensure that the correct number of meals are produced.
- Calculate the number of portions that you need (show your workings).
- Calculate the amount of each ingredient that you require. An ingredient list has been provided for you or you may like to use your organisation’s standard template.
|Ingredient||Qty||Qty/serves||Qty x serves required|
- Select the cookery method that you will use. Explain your decision.
- Select the cooking times and temperatures that you will use. Explain your decision.
- Select the accompaniments which you will add to your dish. Explain your decision – how do the accompaniments complement your dish?
- Describe how you will select the ingredients that you need from stores. How will you check them for freshness and quality?
- How will you check all perishable ingredients for spoilage or contamination?
- List the food preparation equipment that you will need for this recipe. How will you ensure that it is clean, well maintained and ready for use?