Literature Review Report :
Literature Review Assessment 2 – Literature Review
Due date for submission: Learning Week 7 Friday (2350hrs)
Weighting: Individual 20%
The literature review task is an opportunity to engage with the relevant and current literature in a specific topic or area of interest and to carry out critical research into contemporary scholarship and writings. You collect, study, compare and evaluate current knowledge and research in a particular field of study or topic for your research project.
- Find and evaluate 5 sources (minimum) relevant to the topic or area of the group research project.
- Define the objective and significance of your research in a wider context of the topic.
For example, in a study to explore the attitudes and willingness to purchase wine in packaging alternatives that are more sustainable than glass bottles, current research on the following focus areas could be reviewed:
- the role of packaging in the opportunity for sustainability
- consumers’ attitudes towards more environmentally friendly packaging
- consumers attitudes towards purchasing wine in different types of packaging
- Similarly, based on the project topic for the group, each member would be required to critically review the sources pertaining to a focus area. Have a clear and focused aim and scope for your review. Look for the following common themes:
- current trends
- methods or gaps
- Show a critical and comprehensive analysis of the literature in relation to the aim of the review, making sure you concentrate on those items that are directly relevant for your focus.
- Evaluate the literature by demonstrating similarities and differences, weaknesses and strengths, and their implications for the aim of the review. Ensure you make relevant connections to evidence your argument or reasoning to the main topic of the research project.
- Conclude by providing the key points and arguments in relation to the objective and scope of the review. Allude to the significance of your review to the topic or area of your research project.
- Produce a Reference List for the sources that you have used for your literature review.
8. Word Count – 1000 words
|Tuition Week||A2 – Literature Review||A3 – Research Proposal||A4 – Research Proposal Presentation||Assessments|
|2||A2 – Group Formation, Brainstorming for Research Topic|
|3||Brainstorming, Delegation of research for Literature Review|
|4||Research for Literature Review, Reading Grid||A1 – Quiz|
|5||Reading Grid, Referencing and Literature Review Draft||Conceptualising Research Design – Methodology; Data Collection Methods|
|6||Literature Review Draft and Referencing||Conceptualising Research Design – Methodology; Data Collection Methods|
|7||Finalising Literature Review Submission||Conceptualising Research Design – Methodology; Data Collection Methods, Data Collection Tool, Population, sample and sampling||A2 – Literature Review|
|8||Introduction and Background|
|9||Literature Review, Ethical Considerations|
|10||Limitations, Ethical Considerations, Referencing||A3 – Research Proposal|
|11||Presentation – Delegation of sections|
|12||Presentation – in class||A4 – Research Proposal Presentation|