ICT Project Management :
S1-2023-CIS5310 – ICT Project Management
ICT Project Management Provisional Report 1 & 2 Details
|Description||Marks out of||Wtg (%)||Due Date|
|Online Quiz 1||20||10||See the course website|
|Online Quiz 2||20||10||See the course website|
|Report 1-Project Plan – Part A||100||35||See the course website|
|Report 2-Project Plan – Part B||100||45||See the course website|
Academic Integrity (ALL STUDENTS URGENT ACTION REQUIRED) https://usqstudydesk.usq.edu.au/m2/enrol/index.php?id=24185
- An entirely new course has been developed for students from 2022 onwards. All students are automatically enrolled.
- All students need to undertake the training every 12 months and completion is recognized across all their courses.
- This link will not change from 2022 onwards and can be rolled over with your assessment year to year.
If you require assistance, please contact [email protected].
Extensions and deferred assessment
- A penalty of five per cent of the available marks for each calendar day late after the specified submission date.
- An assignment submitted more than seven days after the specified submission date is given zero marks unless it is under an extension or deferral.
- An assignment under an extension or deferral is awarded zero marks if submitted after the extended or deferred date (even just one day). Assignment Late Submission Policy
The structure for all the assessment items in the course can be found through the following links.
- https://www.unisq.edu.au/library/study-support/assignments/assignment-structure-and- writing
- https://www.unisq.edu.au/library/study-support/assignments/assignment-structure-and- writing/reports
Other General Requirements
- Email submissions will NOT be accepted under any circumstances.
- Each assessment should be packaged as one single file and then submitted via the link provided through the course study desk.
- All assessment items are individual submissions
- You are encouraged to discuss the assessment requirements with others to improve your understanding and clarify requirements, but you will develop the solutions to the assessment items on your own.
- The analysis will be in the context of the selected organization in the industry mentioned below. You are expected to select an organization in the industry mentioned below to fulfil the requirements of this assessment.
- You are expected to write a thoroughly researched/analysed critical business reports.
- You are required to thoroughly research your work and provide citations and references for all information used as per the USQ Referencing guidelines (Harvard referencing format is the acceptable standard)
- You assume the responsibility to ensure the report you are producing is of high quality, including plagiarism and collision checks. You do NOT need to produce a plagiarism report with the assessment. However, the markers will undertake these checks (using any tools that you have access to), and if any integrity issues are found you will be awarded a score of zero and the work will constitute ‘Academic Misconduct.
- The assessment submission website will be closed after five working days so that the assignments can be distributed to markers.
- Any queries regarding these assessments will be closed two working days before the submission date.
- Please be aware that the MS project software you will need to use for your assessment is a free trial and the trial period may expire before you submit your assessment if you start using it too early. Much of the preliminary work such as planning etc., can be undertaken with software other than MS project and a pen and paper.
|1||explain and apply core concepts associated with IS/ICT project management and project management framework for the definition, documentation and successful completion of IS/ICT projects;||Quiz 1, Quiz 2, Report 1|
|2||utilise skills and knowledge areas to successfully manage an IS/ICT project;||Quiz 1, Quiz 2, Report 1|
|3||create and develop a project plan based on industry needs;||Report 1 & Report 2|
|4||critically select and apply appropriate project management software to manage IS/ICT projects;||Report 1 & Report 2|
|5||explain the ethical implications associated with IS/ICT project management for successful IS/ICT project management;||Report 1 & Report 2|
|6||collaborate and effectively communicate with peers and team members, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds.||Report 1 & Report 2|
The objective of this assessment is to assess your understanding of ICT project management concepts and your proficiency in using various ICT project management skills. In particular, the assessment focuses on the following project management knowledge areas in the PMBOK:
Congratulations! You have just been hired as the Information Technology Project Manager for the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) artifacts within the healthcare industry. You were hired to manage a large ICT project allocated to your company from the healthcare industry (HCI). This healthcare provider has become increasingly worried about competition from national and international leading players in the industry. The CEO has requested that you develop project and implementation plan for the integration of AI into various systems for executives and customers by incorporating “Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology” suitable for the healthcare industry so that management, customers, and other professionals can make up to minute informed decisions and their customers can effectively and efficiently use the system to interact with the selected organization nationally and internationally. The board of directors believes that the integration of AI technology is the future of healthcare industry. This is aligned with the vision of the selected organization to be the leading provider of healthcare services nationally and internationally.
So far, the selected organization is operating on a web platform with limited features and scope, with a call centre model to meet client needs nationally and internationally on a limited scale. However, after careful deliberations, the board of directors felt that wireless handheld devices-based on AI applications through the digital infrastructure would be the preferred way to compete both nationally and internationally. This has prompted management to carefully review their ICT strategies, workforce capability and capacity, IT infrastructure etc so that they can offer a seamless service to internal and external customers for the national and international market and to capture the future need of the selected organization. Through these developments, management is hoping to promote further national and international domains as leading healthcare service providers.
The CEO has made you responsible for this ICT project management aspect. You are expected to manage and develop documentation along with a management report highlighting the integration of AI based applications/technology to meet the organisational current and future needs. To produce this report, the CEO expects you to undertake independent critical high-level research to present a high-quality report that covers various ICT project management planning and implementation elements, as described, and covered in the course.
You will consider the current organisational aspect and then recommend a way forward as to how this ICT project can be managed and accomplished, through a report describing all the planning and implementation elements documents required, by the CEO.
As this domain is new to the CEO, the CEO is not able to provide too many details and expects you to conduct whatever research is required in arriving at the report.
Your task is to develop a professional business report for the CEO. In the business report, you are expected to provide a complete Part A (Report 1) of the Detailed Project Plan to provide an initial idea, scope, cost, financial modelling, and other planning aspects related to project management for this project. After which you will be required to produce Part B (Report 2) to deliver complete Project implementation aspects related to quality management, communications, risks, and stakeholder aspects related to the integration of cloud- based technology as per the vision of the top management.
Please Note – You are not required to develop any application or interface. This assessment is only to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in handling large ICT projects as described in the PM course contents.
WHAT TO DO:
- You are expected to select an organization of your own choice from the healthcare industry that is consistent with the objectives and scope of the assessment.
- As per the focus and scope of the assessment, complete the Detailed Project Plan – Part A,
ensuring all requirements outlined in
Report 1 is addressed (see below report 1 requirements).
- Ensure you address each question in the report 1 Description.
- Ensure you address all aspects in the report 1 Marking Criteria.
- Complete the Detailed Project Plan – Part B, ensuring all requirements outlined in
Report 2 is addressed (refer to report 2 requirements).
- Ensure you address each question in the Report 2 Description.
- Ensure you address all aspects in the report 2 Marking Criteria.
Use of Project Management Software:
For this course students are NOT required to purchase any software. Students are required to download Microsoft Project to your computer and use this software to complete your assignments and activities. To use these packages further information can be access by contacting UniSQ ICT department.
Note: UniSQ provides access to the course software (MS Project) software via cloud using Microsoft Azure
You can access the below site using their UniSQ email address https://aka.ms/devtoolsforteaching
If you need further assistance, please contact: [email protected].
If you have a Mac laptop, you may access MS Project via Applications – USQ Cloud Software Portal
- You will be able to download Microsoft Project from this link (Free trial version).
- This may provide a 30-day trial without the need to enter a credit card.
- Just need to make a new account to use it.
- For any issues related to software, you can contact directly to UniSQ ICT Services
Note: In this course, you are NOT expected to develop any actual application or systems
Project Management Report 1 Description
Detailed Project Plan – (PM Planning) – (marked out of 100)
In the Detailed Project Plan – Part A, you must at least address each of the following requirements adequately:
- Executive Summary – (150 words only) – provide a summary of the report for the CEO to read first. This is a vital component of any business report as aims to persuade the decision makers to read the larger work in the report and provides a summary of what is contained in the report.
- Project Background Information 500 words maximum) – background information about the selected organization in the domain mentioned above. For this project:
- Make necessary assumptions with justifications about the selected organization in the domain mentioned above to ensure you meet the requirements and scope of both reports.
- Provide an outline of the objectives/goals of adopting and implementing/integrating the AI based applications/technology solution, including justifications, that will assist the selected organization in the domain mentioned above in achieving its strategic goals and to help them effectively compete with the current and future competitors in the healthcare industry.
- Briefly outline the implementation/integration of the AI based applications/technology solution for the project and provide justifications to achieve the objectives mentioned above for the organization selected in the previous assessment item.
- Provide synthesis analysis of the existing ICT capability of the selected organization and the necessary enhancements needed to expand its ICT unit to incorporate the implementation/integration plans of the AI based applications/technology solutions.
- Project Charter (500 words maximum) – a project charter is an important document for project management and commencing a project as it formally recognizes the project exists. For this project:
- Briefly outline the importance of a project charter in the context of the selected organization.
- Create a project charter template for this project for the selected organization. Ensure the project charter includes:
- An overview of the key activities involved in the project management process groups for this project (these are: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing processes).
- Populate the project charter with relevant information for this project.
- Project Team (500 words maximum) – ensuring a project has the right teammembers is critical for ICT project success. For this project:
- Briefly explain the importance of selecting the right team members (with
- Outline the team members required for this project and if they are internal or external (contractors, consultants, vendors) and provide justifications.
- Create a RACI and include team members identified for the project. Outline key activities and populate the RACI for each team member.
- Briefly outline important aspects related to team management, such as diversity and rewards, for the successful implementation of the implementing/integrating the AI based applications/technology solution.
- Social and ethical Considerations (500 words maximum) – various social and ethical issues are potentially likely to arise in any ICT project. Provide an overview of the key considerations that management and the project team need to be aware of when implementing/integrating the AI based applications/technology solution in the organization. For this project:
- Briefly explain the impact of any social and ethical issues.
- Identify key considerations for this project, including those related tothe use of the technology itself, project management and people involved with the system.
- Briefly outline what the impact would be if any of those considerations were to arise.
- Project Integration Management (500 words maximum) – provides a set of recommendations as to how this ICT-related technology project integration will be managed. For thisproject:
- Create a high-level project description, achievable, and management plan, bearing in mind the documents requested in this section needs to be presented to external and internal stakeholders. You must fully demonstrate your skills in presenting a project to the board of directors and other stakeholders.
- Scope Management (500 words maximum) – the management of the scope of any ICT project is important as it has the potential to impact the project’s success and cost. For this project:
- Explain and justify the importance of ensuring good scope management for projects (withjustifications).
- Create a Scope Management Plan for this project. This should include the Change Request process to be used and a Change Request form template.
- You must create a Change Request form template and include it in the relevant section of the scope management plan.
- Schedule Management (800 words maximum) – schedule management is important for ensuring projects are delivered within desired timeframes, otherwise, there are serious implications including the cost of the project. For this project:
- Briefly explain and justify the importance of schedule management for the project, with justifications.
- Identify key project milestones and dates for this project.
- Provide a complete list of activities for the project and populate these into a GANTT chart. Ensure you include the key milestones, dependencies, and slack time. This should indicate how long it will take to deploy the implementation/integration of the AI based applications/technology solution. Briefly explain the GANTT chart for non-technical board members.
- Create a critical analysis of deliverables for the project. Briefly explain the
visual chart and technical aspects of the project for non-technical board members.
- Explain how the schedule will be controlled for the project and provide justifications.
- Cost Management (800 words maximum) –any ICT project success requires effective management of overall costs. For this project:
- Explain the importance of cost management for the project, with justifications.
- Explain how costs will be managed, including justifications.
- Create a Cost Management Plan to ensure costs are managed effectively.
- Provide a complete cost-benefit analysis, outlining the benefits and costs in some detail. Provide justifications for the costs and benefits. Ensure a brief interpretation with justifications of the key findings is provided for non-technical board members.
Note – for the purposes of this project please assume the following budget details The total budget is $1,500,000
Salaries per day – assume a typical salary of $750 per day for managers and $450 per day for technical people and $350 for admin people
- Recommendations and Conclusion (250 words maximum) – provide a Recommendation section highlighting the key recommendations from the detailed project plan Part A and a separate section for the Conclusion, which outlines the key findings of the report with supporting arguments. These sections should be drawn from the content of the actual report.
Marks can be deducted for the following errors:
- Problems with the format and structure of the report.
- Lack of referencing (Harvard referencing format is the acceptable standard).
- Spelling, grammar, and expression errors.
- Indication of plagiarism/collusion.
- Inappropriate use of in-text references.
- A late submission penalty will apply as per the USQ/BELA policies and procedures.
- Late Submission as per USQ/BELA policies and procedures (these override any other available information).
- See the late submission policy of BELA/USQ for further details.
- An Assignment submitted more than ten University Business Days after the deadline will have a mark of zero recorded for that Assignment. The assignments and their due dates are listed in the study schedule to give you some forewarning so that you may organize your study program.
- For this report, you MUST use a plagiarism detection application to ensure that your work is plagiarism-free. Please note that TURNITIN can take time to generate the report, and you are advised to submit your assignment through TURNITIN or any other application well in advance to avoid last-minute delays (you are not required to submit a plagiarism report).
- Normally, it is hard to put the percentage number correctly on the TURNITIN report as it all depends on the actual report contents produced by the TURNITIN application or any other application. As a general rule, less than 10% is acceptable.
- A review of any assessment item is only possible if the request is received within 5 days of the release of the marks of the assessment item. After this, no review requests will be accepted.
- You have the freedom to use any business report-writing format of your choice, as long as the report is a professional business report and presentable.
12. Academic Integrity Mandatory Training: Academic Integrity Mandatory Training
1. Formatting Requirements:
- Acceptable Assignment Formats: – RTF document .rtf, at least Word 2007 or above document .docx, Word document
- Margins: – Minimum 2 cm, maximum 2.5 cm all around.
- Font: – Times New Roman, sizes are 11 for the text and 13 for headings.
- Standard formatting requirements (A4 page, Single space, and 11 font size) for the business report
- File Naming: – For all assessment items please follow the following digital file naming convention (if you do not follow this you will lose marks):
- Student last name_Assessment_Name &#_CISXXXX_Student USQ ID
- For example, the first assignment for CIS8004 was submitted by Joe Bloggs, student # 005890420163. If I (Mr Joe Bloggs) were uploading this assessment item, the file would be named as follow:
Provisional marking criteria for the report will be provided through the course website.