CHCAGE002 Implement Falls Prevention Strategies:
For solution: +610482078788
|Qualification||CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support|
|Unit Code/Name||CHCAGE002 – Implement falls prevention strategies|
|Re-Assessment||☐ Yes ☐ No|
|Student Email Addressemail@example.com|
- I declare that this is my own original work and I have not cheated or plagiarised the work or colluded with any other student(s).
- I understand that if I am found to have plagiarised, cheated or colluded, action will be taken against me according to the process explained to me.
- I have correctly referenced all resources and reference texts throughout these assessment tasks as required.
- I hold a copy of this assignment and can produce a copy if requested
- I permit a copy of this marked assignment to be retained or reproduced by the College for benchmarking, course review and accreditation purposes.
- I am aware of the re-assessment policy and any assessment deemed unsatisfactory will require me to do a re-assessment.
- I am aware I have the right to appeal an assessment outcome if I disagree with the outcome. I am aware that I have to follow the complaint and appeal process to request a review of the assessment outcome.
Signature is required for the paper-based submission only.
Knowledge questions are designed to help you demonstrate the knowledge which you have acquired during the learning phase of this unit. Ensure that you:
|Assessment information Information about how you should complete this assessment refer to your Community Services Works Student User Guide.|
Provide answers to all of the questions below:
- Complete the table below to demonstrate your knowledge of the ageing process and affects and risks of falls.
|Define the ageing process.|
|How does the ageing process affect the risk of falls, especially in older people?|
|List three medical conditions that can contribute to the risk of falling.|
|List three conditions that contribute to the risk of falling from taking medications.|
|List three lifestyle conditions that can contribute to the risk of falling.|
|How does the risk of falls impact on older people?|
|g. How does the risk of falls impact on older people’s carers?|
- List two signs of the following medical conditions that can cause risk of falls.
|Medical conditions||The signs of medical condition|
|b. Parkinson’s disease|
|c. Meniere’s disease|
- Describe the physiological terms listed below and outline how you will recognise deviation in older people?
|Deviation in posture in older people|
|Deviation in gait in older people|
|Deviation in balance in older people|
- Complete the table to demonstrate your knowledge of the effects of falls on older people and their carers.
|a. What are the physical effects of falls on older people|
|b. What are the psychological effects of falls on older people|
|c. What are the physical effects of falls on carers|
|d. What are the psychological effects of falls on older people|
- List three falls prevention strategies.
- For the strategies listed above, list an indicator when the strategy must be stopped due to risk of harm.
- Complete the table outlining the legal and ethical considerations for working with older people.
|a. Duty of care|
|b. Human rights|
|c. Privacy and confidentiality|
|e. Work health and safety|
- Why is it important to complete accurate, objective and appropriately detailed records in relation to falls and falls risk assessments?
|Did the student provide a sufficient and clear answer that addresses the suggested answer for the following?||Completed successfully?||Comments|
|Task outcome:||Satisfactory||Not satisfactory|
For solution: +610482078788